Friday, August 15, 2008

I'm Glad I Became an Architect













This picture has been making the rounds a bit on the political blogs, starting here as best as I can figure it. Apparently it's an abstinence-promoting billboard from the State of Kansas. Some comments:

'...you could use it in a discussion of public service announcements gone awry. I have a feeling this billboard probably kept more kids from becoming engineers than sex ever did...' Via

'...That’s why you should become scientists, kids! (Because engineers don’t have sex. You want me to spell it out for you?)...' Via

'...It’s funny cuz it’s true. But it’s not funny...' Via

'...If anything, characterizing the sex-engineering link in this manner seems overwhelmingly more likely to reduce interest in engineering than to reduce interest in sex...' Via

This is going to be the 'New Coke' of the abstinence-only movement.